Monday, October 5, 2026

Another John Kennedy wants to be President (b/w "Foghorn Leghorn for President")

 
Headline:  NBC News, 10/4/2026

Megan Brand reports:
A slew of politicians on both sides of the aisle have acknowledged that they are considering running for president in 2028 or have declined to rule out the possibility. None, though, have formally announced yet that they are running. Kennedy, too, said that he has not made a decision. 
“On my side of the aisle, if a bunch of goobers run, and I think they’re goobers and one of the goobers might win, and I think I could do a better job, I would consider running,” he said. “But right now, I’m running for re-election.”
 
According to Merriam-Webster, the first known use of  'goober', as in a naive, foolish, or ignorant person, occurred in 1862.

  1. comradery
  2. day-to-day
  3. go begging
  4. Johnny Reb
  5. long-tailed weasel
  6. reb
  7. rebel yell
  8. talking point

Related posts:
2025
Freeze Frame:  73-year-old GOP Louisiana U.S. Senator John Kennedy leaves Larry Kudlow hanging with 'Jesus loves immigrants' comment. (7/23)

No comments: