Friday, September 11, 2026

How unhinged is Donald Trump? He wants to make the midterms all about him while his approval rating is 26 points underwater. And sinking.

 
AI-generated image requested by Retiring Guy from Manus 1.6 Lite
Headline:  The Guardian, 9/11/2026

David Smith reports:
With his approval rating at a historic low, Donald Trump has brought down the curtain on the Republicans’ first ever midterm convention by pleading with supporters to do him “the biggest favour” and “pretend” they are voting for him in November’s US elections. 
The president is facing a growing backlash over rising prices and the war in Iran. Sweeping losses for the Republican party could effectively turn Trump into a lame duck for his final two years in the White House. 
Sensing political danger, Trump wrapped up the novel two-day event in Dallas, Texas, on Thursday with a pitch that critics are likely to say smacked of desperation: “You gotta do me the biggest favour you’ve ever done me. You’ve gotta do this for me. You’ve got to pretend I’m on the ticket. I’m on the ticket! I’m on the ticket! He’s on the ticket! Pretend I’m on the ticket because this is going to turn out to be one of the most important elections.”  [emphasis added]

Yes indeed you R, Donnie!



Related posts:
September 2026

July 2026
25th Amendment Time:  Changing effective tariff rates every 12 days on average is a sign of unstable leadership.  (7/28)
25th Amendment Time:  Donald Trump shames America on the world stage.  (7/17)

No comments: