Sunday, July 31, 2011

Kim Simac Not Proud Her Book was Published in China


6 copies (2 checked out) in V-Cat, Wisconsin Valley Library Service consortium.

0 copies in WALS (Winnefox Library System)

2 copies, none checked out, in LINKcat (South Central Library System)

Campaign blames firm for printing pro-U.S. book in China. (Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 7/29/2011)

Excerpt:    If you're going to write a ra-ra book about America and its soldiers, there's one thing you might want to make sure you do:

Get it printed in the good ol' U.S. of A.

Kim Simac, a Republican running against Democratic Sen. Jim Holperin in a recall election, wrote a children's book called "American Soldier Proud and Free" in 2007. She refers to the 32-page book - in which a kid details his love of God and country in an extended poem - occasionally on the campaign trail.

"I want to be like my Grandpa and his buddies from the war . . . because I believe America is something worth fighting for," says the narrator in Simac's book. It is dedicated to "God my Father. Who has always been with
me, giving me so many wonderful gifts. The greatest of all is being born an American."

No comments: