Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Glenn Grothman: He's a guy, and has access to 'all machines that one would need'


It happened today in Washington.



Glenn Grothman transcribed.

When I look at cities around me that have a parenthood clinic -- usually there by Wisconsin standards medium-sized cities, 20, 30, 40 thousand dollars.  [sic]  

Usually in those cities, as a GUY, I could go to many clinics locally that have all machines that one would need.  All....as far as I know take Medicaid dollars, so they, you know, could go to any of those clinics to get any medical service you could.  [Bordering on inarticulate here.]

I guess I'm getting it is, in my opinion if Planned Parenthood disappeared tomorrow in those towns, there would still be three or four or five clinics or hospitals providing all the Medicare, all all uh the medical care you would want, um, aa aa and frankly providing superior care to people who are on Medicaid, um....

Cecile Richards interjects.  Well, I think we do provide superior medical care....

Back to Grothman.

Ah, ah, I'm saying superior care in the sense that on Medicaid without the the deductibles and copays it's usually better insurance that other people have.   I guess what I'm saying is it would seem to me that if Planned Parenthood clinics were not around in those cities, with the exception of a couple of abortion clinics, there would be three or four other clinics available to do any women's health or men's health or health of any nature whatsoever.  However, don't you feel that's true? 

Richards responds.
Well, I don't [brief flustered moment] ... I have been to Wisconsin a lot,obviously you..you know more about Wisconsin I do, but I know we have 22 health centers in the state of Wisconsin and last year we provided, or the most recent year we have figures, we provided health care to 65,000 people, and actually, I think we are the largest -- don't quote me on this but I will check to make sure -- but I think we're the largest family planning provider of the..the network in in Wisconsin so that's pretty hard to replace.

No comments: