Text source: Citizens Climate Lobby
No Friend to the Environment dishonor roll.
Alabama Congressional delegation: U.S. House of Representatives. (Their anti-environmentalism can be summed up in one word: coal. Which is odd, since Alabama contributes a mere 1.9% of U.S. production, good enough for an overall ranking of 13. The state's peak year of production: 1990)
- 1st District. Bradley Byrne (R). Proposed an amendment that would have cut all FY 2015 funding for the Department of Energy’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
- 2nd District. Martha Roby (R). Voted YES on opening Outer Continental Shelf to oil drilling and barring EPA from regulating greenhouse gases. Signed the No Climate Tax Pledge by Americans for Prosperity.
- 3rd District. Mike Rogers (R). League of Conservation scorecard: 2013: 0%. Lifetime (2003-): 9%.
- 4th District. Robert Aderholt (R). Without bothering to fact-check, he uses a discredited petition rejecting climate change to make a point.
- 5th District. Mo Brooke (R). Climate Experts Testify that Climate Change Projections are Unreliable and Misleading.
- 6th District. Stephen Baucus (R). League of Conservation scorecard: 2013: 0% Lifetime (1993- ): 8%
- At-large District. Don Young (R). Ridiculed environmentalists as a “self-centered bunch of waffle-stomping, Harvard-graduating, intellectual idiots.....not Americans, never have been Americans, never will be Americans.”
- 4th District. Paul Gosar (R). Takes his environmental cues from cattle and sheep producers.
- 5th District. Matt Salmon (R). This quote sums up his view: “I found the source of global warming is coming from the hot air coming out of Washington.” Signed Koch Brothers "No Climate Tax" pledge.
- 6th District. David Schweikert (R). Known to throw a hissy over "the Al Gores of the world". Chairs House Subcommittee on Environment.
- 8th District. Trent Franks (R). League of Conservation scorecard:2013: 11%. Lifetime (since 2003): 5%.
- 1st District. Rick Crawford (R). Vow to his constituents: "As long as the Obama EPA continues its assault on farmers, I will continue to fight senseless regulations that only serve to cripple American agriculture."