Source: Beta Theta Pi
The shocking final hours of Penn State pledge Timothy Piazza's life. (USA Today, 5/6/2017)
From the grand jury report:
- One time, when Piazza rolled off a couch, three fraternity brothers picked him up and "slammed him" back on the couch,
- Four fraternity brothers carried his limp body back upstairs, where some poured liquid on him, and another slapped him three times in the face.
- Fraternity members put a backpack containing textbooks on him so he would not suffocate on his own vomit.
- When a fraternity brother insisted Piazza needed medical help, he was confronted and shoved into a wall.
- When the same brother insisted again that Piazza required help, he was told others were biology and kinesiology majors so his opinion wasn’t as valuable as theirs.
- [A] fraternity member went downstairs for a drink of water. He stepped over Piazza, looked at him, went to the kitchen, then returned upstairs.
- [A fraternity brother] heard Piazza groaning, and eventually he saw Piazza roll off the couch and land on the floor. The pledge took a video of Piazza on the floor and posted it on Snapchat.
Kappa Alpha moral compass is spinning wildly out of control. (9/16/2016)
UPDATE: UW-Madison fraternity fails to live up to its creed. (5/19/2016)
Zeta Beta Tau: No Mission Accomplished Here. (4/25/2015)
The Vision, Spirit, Motto, and Values of Greek-Letter Organizations. (1/29/2015)