Saturday, April 24, 2010

40s Fan Fortified Home Library with Fake Family Names

Link to Amanda's page.

Link to April 14 St. Paul Pioneer Press article, "1,400 missing items turned up in St. Paul library worker's home".

Excerpt:   The library turned over to police "numerous 'screen shots' from Cortright's computer terminal" that show her deleting items from the system and marking fines as paid when they hadn't been, the affidavit said.

The library placed Cortright, who has worked for the department since 1998, on paid administrative leave Tuesday, said Sheree Savage, a library spokeswoman. If she is charged, it would become unpaid leave, she said.

Cortright most recently had been assigned to the library's administration office, working on the library's Web site, social media and communications, Savage said. Cortright also had worked at the St. Anthony Park, Merriam Park and Highland Park branches.

This is National Library Week. Cortright's arrest Tuesday fell on National Library Workers Day
.

About Amanda:  I live in my cute, little bungalow with my wonderful husband. I have a Masters in Library Science and a Bachelors in History. I love all things vintage and even though I was a 80s baby, I feel like I SHOULD have lived in the 40s.

Things might be changing for her.

Minn. Library Employee Arrested for Not Returning Items. (Star-Tribune, 4/16/2010)

No comments: