Saturday, April 8, 2017

Greetings from Phoenix, Arizona, where teen recreates opening scene from La La Land, asks Emma Stone to prom


Postcard from Retiring Guy's collection

Phoenix teen recreates 'La La Land' scene to ask Emma Stone to prom.  (Fox5, 4/5/2017)
Jacob Staudenmaier, 17, is a fan of the 2016 film “La La Land." He decided he wanted to recreate the famous opening sequence where we are first introduced to random singers, dancers and characters played by Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone. Like the film’s opening sequence, the recreated scene features cars that appear to be stuck in traffic.




Yellow arrow indicates the approximate point in time of initial distribution of Phoenix postcard shown at top of post.

Source:  Wikipedia

The follow-up
Emma Stone Responds to Arizona High School Teen’s Viral ‘Prom-posal’.  (Variety, 4/7/2017)
“Jacob, thanks for making the greatest proposal I have ever received,” Stone wrote. “I can’t tell you what an honor that was and how much I smiled through that entire beautifully orchestrated video. I’m in London working, but I hope you have the best time at prom, and I’m grateful you thought of me. Thank you. P.S. I do see Gosling around the eyes. Love, Emma.”

No comments: