Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Taking the easy way out: Forged signatures taint Matt Snorek's Recall Vos effort

 
Matt's the one that got burned!
 
HeadlineMilwaukee Journal Sentinel, 3/19/2024

Surprisingly, Snorek doesn't even rate a mention in the article
The Racine County district attorney is investigating nearly 30 complaints from area residents who say their signatures were forged by organizers of a recall attempt of the state's most powerful legislative leader. 
Two of those phony signatures were found by a former journalist, who combed through the petition signatures in recent days and found the names of two family members he had a hunch did not agree to sign the petitions. 
"Just out of morbid curiosity and nothing better to do, apparently, on a Friday and the rest of the weekend, I started scrolling through," Paul Sloth, a Rochester resident, said in an interview. "And as I'm scrolling, I see my sister in law's name. And my brother in law." 
"It's just really disturbing," Dawn Haggerty, Sloth's sister-in-law, said about Sloth finding her name. "It feels worse than when my credit card number got stolen."

Related posts:

No comments: