Text source: $100 solicitation email
Illustration: The Bleat
Actually, it's been a week that confirms what many of us already knew. You are wholly unfit to be President, Mr. Trump.
Trump’s First Week: Misfires, Crossed Wires, and a Satisfied Smile. (The New York Times, 2/17/2017)
On the campaign trail, Mr. Trump boasted he had no government experience and, in his first week in the White House, it sometimes showed.Sometimes? It was pretty much a nonstop display.
Then, as if purposely to undermine their choice of word, the 3 reporters offer the following examples. (Note the use of the plural throughout.)
- Orders were signed without feedback from the agencies they would affect.
- Policy ideas were floated and then retracted within hours. [
- Meetings and public events were scheduled and then canceled.
- Advisers to the president made decisions without telling one another.
- The president called for an investigation looking at voters registered in more than one state, unaware that it would include his [a] chief strategist, [b] press secretary, [c] treasury secretary,  daughter and  son-in-law.