1891-1960 ("High in air thy spires are tow'ring, gleaming in the light.")
From Retiring Guy's postcard collection
The former Market Street Elementary School (1961-2005)
Cor. Second Ave & Market St.
2012 photo by Retiring Guy
The building is now home to the Pennsylvania General Electric Company, LLC.
WAEC: Ten years on. (Warren Times Observer, 9/19/2014)
The opening of the school brought about significant changes for the Warren County School District's central attendance area. When it opened, five other district elementary buildings - Home Street, Jefferson Street, Market Street, North Warren, and Pleasant - closed and one, South Street, was changed from a K-5 facility to a K-1 center. More than 700 students filled the new building's halls and classrooms that first year.