Link to a report summarizing a recent survey by the Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project, "When Technology Fails".
Among the findings:
- 44% of those with home internet access say their connection failed to work properly for them at some time in the previous 12 months.
- 39% of those with desktop or laptop computers have had their machines not work properly at some time in the previous 12 months.
- 29% of cell phone users say their device failed to work properly at some time in the previous year.
- 26% of those with Blackberries, Palm Pilots or other personal digital assistants say they have encountered a problem with their device at some time in the previous 12 months.
- 15% of those with an iPod or MP3 player say their devices have not worked properly at some time in the prior year.