Wednesday, August 4, 2021

GET ME REWRITE: A woman of color is nominated by President Biden to serve in a leadership position and a conservative GOP white male Senator objects

 

Just another day on the GOP side of town in Washington DC.


Science, 8/3/2021
Berhe responded by noting that DOE’s research priorities are set in consultation with the research communities and Congress and committing to adhere to such guidance. “I can assure you that if I were to be confirmed for this position, no area of focus within the DOE’s vast research portfolio would be short-changed in any way,” she said. She also noted that her national and international efforts both in research and workforce development are “well-recognized … I believe I bring an Earth systems sciences perspective that allows me to expand and work on these important issues.”

 

The article goes on to note that Barrasso heaped praise on this woman

No comments: