From best to worst
Excerpt with bullet points provided: These issues include a gender pay gap,
- lack of flexibility in the workplace during pregnancy and early motherhood, and a
- lack of women holding positions of political influence.
While no state has achieved gender pay equality, a number have made substantial progress in closing the earnings gap and in other areas, like
- electing women to office,
- funding pre-K programs, and
- passing laws that allow women to stay in the workforce when they have children, should they so choose.
On the other hand, a number of states remain extremely unfavorable to women in every major category. 24/7 Wall St. reviewed and ranked the 50 states based on measures of gender equality.