Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The piggy-bank era is over at the Queens Public Library (so sez Comptroller Scott M. Stringer, no "Mr. Excitement" he)


So far this video has 6 views, and I doubt if anyone has made it through the entire 6 minutes and 57 seconds.    Kudos to the children flanking Mr. Stringer for lasting that long.  I'm not sure if I could have done so.



Transcription of press conference (0:25 to 0:50).   
I gotta tell you these two documents tell a cautionary tale of what happens when no one is providing oversight and accountability.   For years, the former CEO of the Queens Borough Public Library and his executive team used the library as their personal piggy bank.  Today that era is coming to a definitive close.

Related posts: 
Just what every library needs:  A smokeless ashtray.  (7/10/2015)
Employment opportunity at Queens Library.  (12/20/2014)
Now I wish I'd been following this story more closely.  (11/13/2014) 
Is everybody happy?  (3/13/2014)
Queens library director on hot seat. (2/4/2014)

No comments: