Friday, June 22, 2012

Columnist David Allen is Now a Card-Carrying Pomona Public Library Supporter


Read Dave's column in the 6/19/2012 Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

Excerpt:  Before Monday's Pomona City Council that might have - but didn't - determine the fate of the Public Library, I decided to show my support: I walked in and got a library card.


Shameful, I know. My thought was that I might have to live in Pomona to get one. According to the policy, though, all you have to be is a California resident with identification.

Ramos got me squared away and issued me a card. 

"You can check out up to 30 items. They're due back in three weeks," she said. She added dryly: "After that, we don't know."  

Related posts:
Vote to close Pomona library postponed to June 25.  (6/22/2012)
Pomona library bears brunt of layoffs.  (6/14/2012)

No comments: