Friday, January 21, 2011

Charleston SC Library Worker Featured in Pushback Ad Against Sen. Lindsey Graham

Thanks to an alert from Crown Point Classics. (?)



TV ad to Graham; Don't raise SS age. (Rock Hill Herald, 1/21/2011)

Excerpt: A Washington-based liberal advocacy group said Friday it is launching a new television ad taking U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham to task over comments about changing the Social Security retirement age.

"I love my job. But I'm in pain every day at work," Agnes Pomata says in the TV spot from the Progressive Change Campaign Committee. "I have a torn rotator cuff from carrying books. My hands have been numb at work. There are times when people come up with stacks of books, and I want to cry."

Now 59 years old, Pomata says she is just trying to work through the pain until she can retire at age 62, when she will qualify to retire with Social Security benefits.

"Now, Sen. Lindsey Graham says he wants to raise the Social Security retirement age," the woman says. "Sen. Graham, people like me just won't make it."

The ad's launch comes three weeks after Graham discussed Social Security on NBC's "Meet the Press." On Jan. 2, in response to a question about raising the debt ceiling, Graham mentioned adjusting the Social Security age as being among possible reforms to manage long-term debt
.

If my Google search results refer to the same person, Agnes Pomata appears to be active in South Carolina Democratic/progressive politics.  (Example.)  I just hope that nobody took any liberties with the truth in the production of the above video.

No comments: