Sunday, December 19, 2021

In the news: Norman Oklahoma CIty Council

 

Meet city council member  Kelly Lynn
masked up and ready to spew more racist garbage

Ward 3 council member Kelly Lynn then called the study “garbage.” 
“Looking at FBI statistics, African Americans are way more responsible for murder, robbery, all kinds of violent crimes, way disproportionate to their percentage of population. The numbers are outstanding,” said Lynn. “This seems like a big waste of time to me.” 
Ward 1 council member Brandi Studley then responded. 
“I am a little bit shocked by council members Lynn’s comments. I find them to be extremely disturbing and racist and I don’t appreciate that, and I apologize to our black community members that just had to listen to that,” she said. 
Mayor Breea Clark also responded to the comments on Twitter, saying, “The CM’s comments were wildly inappropriate & offensive, but I don’t have the power to censure Councilmembers & although vile, what was said is protected speech under the 1st amendment. With that said, I have zero issue publicly denouncing this behavior.”

No comments: