Thursday, March 17, 2016

The 2008 restaurant jinx, continued


During a visit to Hilldale earlier this week, I spotted another area restaurant that recently went out of business. 


Flat Top Grill, located across from Sundance Cinemas, is part of a Chicago-based chain whose parent company filed for bankruptcy in January 2013.  I assume the reorganization plan did not go well.  


I wasn't a big fan of the select-your-own-ingredients-and-take-them-to-the-grill operation.

As a dinner option, specifically.

"If we're out to eat. I don't want to have to serve myself," I grumbled whenever a family member suggested a return visit.  

Needless to say, my wife and I never visited the now-defunct Prime Quarter Steak House, where you grilled your own meat.

But, hey, you can't blame that one on me!

Related post:
Middleton Abuelo's restaurant abruptly closed. (3/14/2016)

No comments: