Sunday, June 28, 2009

Reading Suggestions from Two Rivers Library Director

Link to June 28 Herald Times Reporter column by Lester Public Library Director Jeff Dawson.

Excerpt: My summer reading list includes anything by F. Paul Wilson; in particular his Repairman Jack series is wildly entertaining. Author Lee Child's Jack Reacher is a character to die for, "literally" speaking, of course. Alex Kava takes me on dark journeys tracking serial killers with her hero, Maggie O'Dell. Kinky Friedman solves mysteries with his crew, the "Village Irregulars," using most irreverent and hilarious methods. For those who like their fiction hardboiled with very little mercy, give Ken Bruen's Jack Taylor series a try.This short reading list probably gives more information than you need on my psyche, but for me, escaping into these tales is extremely entertaining.

I offer up the Myron Bolitar series by Harlan Coben.

No comments: