Link to October October 12 Portage Daily Register article, "Proposed library expansion would focus on youth".
Excerpt: Bahr said written comments and in-person interviews with library staff will inform initial expansion design work that he was hired to do earlier this summer. Design options and cost estimates are expected to be presented to the Library Board in November.According to Bahr, some of the things that may be included in the designs are:
• More meeting room space, which library staff say is highly utilized.
• A modification to the library's entrance to help fix water and ice issues.
• An expanded children's area with a dedicated circulation desk and a new story time room.
•An additional entrance on the other end of the library tailored for entering the children's area.
• Re-purposing the existing children's story time area into an area designed for teenagers.
• More public access areas for computers and online catalogs.
• A modified circulation desk that would allow for better work flow.
• Adding a drive-up book return to the outside of the building.
• Improvements to the library's lighting and heating and cooling systems.
Putting together the financial pieces for building expansion. (5/12/2010)
Library seeks community input for expansion. (1/13/2010)
Board discussion rental property options. (11/11/2009)