Burning Questions: Appleton Public Library Director Colleen Rortvedt explains the library of the future. (Appleton Post-Crescent, 4/19/2012)
Excerpt: Appleton Public Library Director Colleen Rortvedt is ready to take the library into the future.
Today, the library kicks off its Community Conversations program as a way to gather information about the community’s needs and how the library fits into that vision.
Rortvedt joined us last week on Newsmakers, The Post-Crescent’s online issues show. Here’s an edited transcript of the interview:
- You’ve been the library director for a little over a year. What types of changes have you made?
- Is the role of the library changing?
- Are library staff members having to learn more about computer systems?
- Studies have recommended an expansion of some sort for the library, but that idea was shelved, at least temporarily. Why is an expansion needed?
- Tell us about the Community Conversations program.
- What problems might the public see if the library stays as it is now?
- How can people participate in Community Conversations?
Appleton Public Library
2011-14 Plan (page 1 of 7)