Dozens tell lawmakers what ought to be in state budget. (Green Bay Press-Gazette, 4/7/2013)
(Somehow, "dozens" doesn't make much of a headline impact.)
170+ people signed up to testify
Three areas "dominate" the discussion
- Proposed expansion of school choice program
- No numbers offered re: the for/against split in testimony in either the Press-Gazette or Journal Sentinel)
- Health care
- Medicaid funding
- "Say yes to BadgerCare" chant briefly interrupts hearing
- Brown County Supervisor Patrick Evans supports expansion of Family Care to northeastern Wisconsin
- Social services
- Funding for domestic abuse services
- Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Governor's budget provides funding for 2 domestic violence programs (Milwaukee and Madison)
- Funding requested to "continue" programs outside of Milwaukee and Madison
208 miles west/southwest......
75 people show up at a budget listening session hosted by Democrats in La Crosse.
Education dominates Dems' budget session. (La Crosse Tribune, 4/8/2013).
2013-15 Executive Budget
Related post:Paul Adair Attends the Joint Finance Committee Budget Hearing in Greenfield. (4/5/2013)