Altoona Public Library history, by Lacey Best (2014)
- 1897. Library established by Ladies Auxiliary of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers. (Did not operate continuously.)
- 1941. Library sponsored by Eau Claire County Federation of Women's Clubs. (Opened December 2.)
- 1960 (January 1). City of Altoona takes over operation of library.
- 1965. Library moves into new municipal building.
- 1978. Library joins Indianhead Federated Library System.
- 1986. Library moves to building at 1303 Lynn Avenue.
- 1989. Library expansion increases square footage to 8040.
Visit Eau Claire
Other library history posts:
Alma Public Library. (1/15/2016)