Friday, December 27, 2013

Elizabeth "Betty Jean" Peterson Johnson (1923-2013) Warren High School Class of 1941

Warren Times Observer obituary

1941 Warren High School Dragon yearbook

Sidebar 1:  One of Mom's best friends was the wife of Edwin "Doogie" O'Connor (top row, middle).  I graduated with their son, Bob.  (I have no idea where the nickname came from.)

Sidebar 2:  And as for Eleanore, I'll take a dollar for every time she was teased about her last name.  (Gee, that probably wasn't so swell.)

Sidebar 3:  I graduated with a Jane Johnson (WAHS 1968) , although I don't think this is her mom.  But if it is, Jane divorced and remarried after 1998.

The Gloves Are Definitely Gone At the Katharine Gibbs Schools.  (The New York Times, 9/15/2002)

Warren Women's Club

(Retiring Guy's postcard collection)

No comments: