Photos by Retiring Guy
Boutique hotel proposed for long-vacant Mautz Paint building on East Washington. (Madison.com, 5/4/20017)
- 1928. Mautz Paints moves factory operations into building, located at 901 East Washington.
- 2001. Mautz bought by Sherman-Williams.
- 2002. Factory closes.
- 2005. Proposed Brink development, Archipelago Village, goes nowhere. Included 27-story building with retail, office space, condominiums, a grocery store and parking.
- 2011. Hovde proposal for 200,000 square feet of commercial space and parking also goes nowhere.
- 2011. Ale Asylum decides not to locate is operations here.
- 2014. Scaled-down Brink proposal includes space for StartingBlock, an entrepreneurial start-up center, which is now under construction in the 800 block of East Washington.
- 2014. Brink takes another stab at it.
HotelRED Update: It's a gray day for developer after Madison Plan Commission sez no more tiers. (3/28/2017)
The Towering Isthmus: 'Boutique' just means you can't afford to stay there. (10/15/2016)