Sunday, January 27, 2019
Madison Public Library clippings files: Madiosn urban renewal (part 2, the Triangle, 1964-1969)
Undated aerial view of Greenbush neighborhood
August 16, 1965
The shopping center never happened. The site is now home to a UW Health Clinic.
August 25, 1965
November 11, 1965
May 2, 1966
The above rendering winds up in an office trash can.
August 8, 1966
Eventually, the weedy lot in the foreground became the site of another medical clinic.
August 18, 1966
Another design that didn't make it off the drawing board. The Davis Duehr Eye Clinic now occupies the site on Regent Street between Mills and Brooks.
May 26, 1968
Other than the low-rise apartments along Regent Street, the Triangle property is vacant.
Other MPL clippings file posts:
Madison urban renewal, part 1 (1962-1964). (1/27/2019)
Downtown Madison parking ramps (1956-1971). (1/22/2019)
History of the Dane County airport. (12/21/2018)
City's first skywalk opens in 1966. (10/9/2017)
Typewriter art. (10/9/2017)
Proudfit and Regent streets widening, 1955. (9/30/2017)
Northport Connector project, 1960. (9/30/2017)
Regent Street extension beyond Rosa Road, another bad idea left on the drawing board. (5/27/2017)
Drake Street extension, a bad idea left on the drawing board. (5/26/2017)