Text source: State Representative Robin Vos
Photo credit: Wisconsin State Legislature
And what's the latest news?
- Assembly Leaders Ask Co-Chair to Walk Statements Back (6/18/2015)
- Rep. Novak Appointed to State Historical Society Board of Curators. (6/16/2015)
- Setting the Record Straight on School Choice Funding. (5/29/2015)
- Rep. Novak Announces Creation of Frank Lloyd Wright Heritage Trail. (5/27/2015)
- Rep. Edming's Civics Test Proposal Approved by Budget Committee. (5/20/2015)
Lawmakers slash public records access in budget bill. (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, 7/3/2015)
The GOP plan would limit public records requests for lawmakers' communications with their staff and for drafting records of legislation after it's been introduced. It would also exempt a host of records created by the Walker administration, state agencies and local governments and put new limits on public access to information about dismissed criminal charges in some instances.
Tell your state legislators not to support the 2015-17 budget until this item is taken out.
Good question, Albert Darling. So why the lack of transparency in Wisconsin? (7/3/2015)