Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Day 264 of cruising becoming normal again: Making lemonade out of lemons on an Antarctica cruise

 
Top headline:   News Star
Bottom headline and photo:  Escape
Each day I’d watch my fellow passengers set off for another amazing ice adventure or I’d picture them wining and dining, celebrating life and making new friends. But I eventually stopped wallowing and focused on the upsides. I had a very comfortable cabin. I had a balcony with amazing views. I could still take lots of photos and spot wildlife without getting dressed in all that expedition gear. I didn’t have to make awkward small talk or smell penguin guano. I could order room service whenever I wanted. I had medical staff and my own butler. I still got to see Antarctica but my own way - in pyjamas!

No comments: