What's going on. Police in riot gear fired tear gas to try to disperse a crowd in a St. Louis suburb where an unarmed black teenager had been fatally shot by a police officer over the weekend.
Between two nights of unrest, a community forum hosted by the local NAACP chapter Monday drew hundreds to a sweltering church in Ferguson, the St. Louis suburb where 18-year-old Michael Brown was shot multiple times.
A look at Ferguson's demographics.
Outrage in Ferguson after police shooting of unarmed teenager Michael Brown. (Vox, 8/12/2014)
- What we know about Michael Brown.
- What we know about the shooting.
- What's in dispute about the shooting.
- What we know about the protests.
- What's in dispute about the weekend's protests.
- What we know about the unrest on Sunday night.
- What we know about continued protests on Monday.
- Some of the context for community anger.
The City of Ferguson is served by the St. Louis County Police Department, North County (1st) Precinct.