Monday, February 27, 2017

Another bad egg: Henry Rousso, French historian and pre-eminent Holocaust scholar


Photo credit:  Twitter

French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport.  (The New York Times, 2/26/2017)



Related reading:
Is The United States Still The United States?  My 10-hour detention at the Houston airport suggests otherwise, by Henry Rousso.  (Huffington Post, 2/27/2017)
This incident has caused me some discomfort, but I cannot stop thinking of all those who suffer these humiliations and legal violence without the protections I was able to benefit from. A professional historian, I am aware of hasty interpretations.

Related post:
Trump's America: Dear Franklin County Illinois, Focus on what they do, not what they say.  (2/27/2017)

No comments: