Monday, June 13, 2011

Congratulations to Jeanne Radke on her Retirement


Radke retires from Cambria library. (Beaver Dam Daily Citizen, 6/12/2011)

Excerpt: Jeanne Radke closed the book this week on a long career serving the Cambria community as its library director. She began the job on June 10, 1983.

She said that she had the best interview. While looking for a job after her kids went off to grade school, she stopped in the library in Cambria and spoke to Gertrude Morgan, a retired librarian from Racine serving as an interim library director, and Margaret Ann Williams, the library board president at that time.

“I asked if they were hiring, and like a duet….they said ‘yes,’” Radke said. “They told me what schooling I needed to have. I took care of that, and was driving through Cambria and saw Mrs. Williams out raking the boulevard. I pulled up and told her that I had my certification from the state and she looked at me and said, ‘Well, then you’re hired.
’”

No comments: