Friday, February 26, 2021

GET ME REWRITE: Wisconsin legislature has resolution to honor racist, misogynist, homophobic, nativist bloviator (sponsor gallery update)

 




Least surprising to me (to the nth degree): Jacque, Sortwell, Brandtjen. 

Most surprising to me: Kerkman, Tranel. (Tell me what I don't know.)  I'm inclined to add Rozar, but I don't know anytihng about her. 

Assembly leadership MIA: August, Steineke, Peterson, Vorpagel, Duchow, James. 

And if you know anything about Barbara Dittrich, her absence as a sponsor is most puzzling. (From a 2/17/2021 tweet: "I would not be in the Wisconsin Legislature today if not for Rush Limbaugh. My husband challenged me to listen to him when we were dating. Rush taught me to think critically and examine why I believe what I believe.")

Original 2/23/2021 starts here

Looking for sponsors


Just an amazing list of accomplishments!

Limbaugh achieved a national presence among far-right conservatives by demeaning not just others’ political opinions, but also for mocking women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with AIDS. He also, not long before his death, attempted to justify the deadly violence at the Capitol on Jan. 6 as patriotism. 
He expressed hope that former President Barack Obama would fail, suggested Jesse Jackson looked like “all composite pictures of wanted criminals” and compared NFL games to watching the “Bloods and the Crips without weapons.”

No comments: