Source for all graphs: Wisconsin Public Library Service Data
(2012 data is preliminary.)
Observations: The number of books owned by Wisconsin public libraries
- peaked in 2006 at 20,144,918 volumes.
- has remained relatively flat since 2003.
- is at its lowest point since 2002.
- [sidebar] grew by 21% during the 1990s.
- Audio materials increased by 44%.
- Video materials increased by 62%.
- Consistent, year-by-year increases in both formats.
With periodicals, a longer view is instructive. (Sidebar: Did we not count multiple subscriptions of a individual title prior to 1994? And if so, would such a change have accounted for the bulk of a 11,556 increase?)
Wisconsin public libraries: Municipal and county revenue, 2003-2012 . (7/17/2013)
Wisconsin public libraries: Total number of programs and program attendance, 2003-2012. (7/17/2013)
Wisconsin public library circulation, 2003-2012. (7/17/2013)