Actions speak louder than words.
According to the Sierra Club, here's Gov. Walker's environmental record during his first year in office.
- Stopped all new wind energy projects in the state
- Cut funding for the Gaylord Nelson – Warren Knowles Stewardship Funding by 30%
- Undermined Wisconsin nationally recognized energy conservation program
- Abolished the state Office of Energy Independence
- Carved out a special exemption from wetlands protections for a campaign contributor
- Eliminated the requirement that municipal water supplies be disinfected
- Called a special session for the purpose of passing legislation to roll back water pollution and wetlands law
- Appointed as DNR Secretary as state Senator with one of the worst environment voting records in the Legislature.
- Sought to severely weaken mining laws to benefit an Appalachian mining company that want to build a massive strip mine in our north woods
And don't forget our ATV and snowmobiling traditions, sez DNR Secretary Cathy Stepp.
See also "The dirt on Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's environmental record".