Elmwood Public Library director fired. (Eau Claire Leader-Telegram, 6/20/2012)
Excerpt: The board considered allegations, in part, that Geraets: [emphasis added]
- Falsified circulation counts of library users.
- Submitted false circulation reports to Dunn and Pierce counties and the state Department of Public Instruction between 2002 and 2011.
- Submitted false library employee wage totals to the DPI.
- Directed library employees to make false reports, possibly out of fear of losing their jobs.
- Engaged in inappropriate, insubordinate and/or demoralizing behavior, including calling village trustees names and swearing and cussing at village personnel.
- Failed to properly catalog books she removed from the library.
- Library bank deposits did not match receipt registers.
- Failed to properly protect library patrons' privacy.
- In 2006, she received a 2.5 percent pay raise while other staff did not.
- Forged Weix's signature on a report in 2010.
- Created such a hostile work environment that part-time employees Linda Weber and Debbie Helmer resigned May 31.