The timeline continues here.
Link to December 31 Wausau Daily Herald article, "Historic library building turns 100".
Excerpt: On Aug. 11, 1911, T.B. Scott Free Library opened to the public in its own building. For the previous 20 years, Merrill's public library had been located in City Hall.
The new year, 2011, marks the centennial of the Carnegie building's service to Merrill and surrounding area. Library Director Stacy Stevens reports that staff members are gearing up for a year-long celebration.
Link to Wisconsin Library Heritage Center.