Architect: Edward A. Phillips, Buffalo. Characteristics of his style: half-timber dormers, overhanging eaves, and lattice-paned windows.
Location: 315 Liberty Street (across from the Brown-Yerg house).
1st floor exterior: Hummelstone
The first owner of the house, David Siggins, was president of the Warren Electric Street Railway and the Warren & Jamestown Street Railway.
From "Genealogical gleanings of Siggins, and other Pennsylvania families; a volume of history, biography and colonial, revolutionary, civil and other war records including names of many other Warren County pioneers"
DAVID HENRY SlGGINS, of Tidioute, Pennsylvania; owned and operated a livery stable in Warren, Pa., for a number of years. For the last fifteen years. he has been identified with promoting street railways in Warren and vicinity; built and operated the Warren-Jamestown line — also several short lines in Eastern Kansas, with headquarters at Coffeyville and Winfield. He organized these companies and has served as their Presi- dent since their organization. He is a very successful business man, has always been interested in civic matters. His family are all members of the Presbyterian Church.
His son, Hugh A., and son-in-law, Samuel Q. Smith, are associated with him in the railroad business and hold responsible positions.
He was born in Tidioute December 8, 1846 ; married September 2, 1875: Julia Marietta Guignon, born in Sugar Grove, Pa., May 3, 1852; daughter of Joseph and Julia Ann (Runion) Guignon, (Julia Ann Runion was a daughter of Benjamin and Rebecca (Smith) Runion).
Their children were Julia Mabel Siggins, born August 4, 1876, and Hugh Archibald Siggins, born in Warren, Pa., August 24, 1877; married. June 2, 1902.
Mansion House. (1/3/2014)
The Morck-Morrison house. (1/1/2014)
Six degrees of Reverend Nelson. (12/31/2013)
The Physicians' Building. (12/30/2013)
C. W. Stone. (12/28/2013)