Tuesday, January 26, 2010
The Old and the New Cell Phone Etiquette
Link to January 22 Computer World post, "Here comes the new cell phone etiquette". (via Slashdot)
1. Lower your voice when taking calls in public.
2. Avoid personal topics when others can hear you.
3. Avoid taking calls when you're already engaged in a face-to-face conversation.
4. If you do take a call, ask permission of the people with you.
5. Avoid texting during a face-to-face conversations.
6. Put your phone's ringer on "silent" in theaters and restaurants.
7. Don't light up your phone's screen in a dark theater.
8. Hang up and drive.
9. Acknowledge the delay.
10. Don't use Google Voice call screening with family and close friends.
11. Don't blame the other guy for a dropped call.
12. Avoid looking things up during a conversation.
13. Be mindful of Facebook tagging.
14. Avoid inappropriate profile pictures.