Saturday, October 3, 2026

Rep. Brian FItzgerald, GOP member of U.S. House from Pennsylvania, attempts to bleach the red from his resume

 
AI-generated image requested from Manus 1.6 Lite
Headline:  AlterNet, 10/2/2026
Voting record:  Congressional Quarterly

Frank Yemi reports:
After nearly a decade in Congress as a Republican, Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick is leaning hard on a different label as he fights for survival in a swing district. 
“I am an independent who is registered Republican,” Fitzpatrick told The Washington Sun, which profiled his reelection battle in Pennsylvania’s 1st Congressional District. 
While he has always cultivated a moderate image, Fitzpatrick went further when asked about his place in the GOP. “I’m a registered Republican. There’s a difference,” he said, adding that if Pennsylvania allowed independents to participate in party primaries, he would leave the GOP and register as an independent. 
“Right now, I’m homeless,” he said.
 
Related post:

No comments:

Post a Comment