Thursday, March 12, 2020

Advice and warnings


Photo credit:  Twitter

Opined at Elizabeth Galewski: A love letter to smart, female candidates.  (Capital Times, 3/11/2020)


Please be advised that some of Galewski's students also weigh in with some advice:
I am not someone who usually leaves reviews so that should say something. I am only doing this to warn others because taking her class was truly horrible. Let me begin by saying avoid taking classes with her at all costs. She is very rude and will humiliate you in front of the class or make you feel stupid at any chance. She also laughs at students.
DO NOT take this class with Elizabeth! She is the most narcissistic person I have ever met and makes sure that everyone is aware they are below her. She laughs at every sentence she says and doesn't mind taking class time boasting about her personal life. If you don't write something the way she wants it it's wrong! (no explanation given) HORRIBLE
Elizabeth is by far the worst professor I have ever had. If you are able to take this course with another instructor, DO IT. This class will be the worst part of your day. She believes that her ideas are superior compared to everyone else. Loves to talk about her previous jobs and how much better they were, wish she would have stayed there.
I feel like I have to warn people about Elizabeth as well. I have never met a teacher who has rubbed me the wrong was as much as she does. be prepared to bite your tongue alot, as speaking your mind is a sure way to fail. she loves to talk about all the top schools she went too, and all the great jobs she had, yet she is teaching part time at a tech. 
IF you don't have to take this professor then I highly recommend you don't. She tries to influence the class on how they live their lifestyle and that it should be more like hers. She laughs 89.9% of the class period, which is very uncomfortable and distracting.

No comments: