Saturday, May 11, 2019

Dear Alice, There is no escape from the opioid epidemic. Best, Retiring Guy



Sheboygan leaders say apparent overdose death at library is wake up call. (WTMJ, 5/10/2019)
A public library is a place where everyone should feel safe and welcome, but in the same building where kids find something new to read, police say a man likely overdosed on heroin in the bathroom. 
“My 7-year-old comes here and I’d be mad if I seen some stuff like that,” said Alice Ingram. Ingram thought she moved away from this type of behavior only to find the opioid crisis impacts in smaller communities as well. 
“I came from Milwaukee before I came here and I like the fact that my kids can run around and I don’t have to worry about them, for that to happen, they just need to crack down on the drugs, it’s ridiculous,” she said. 

Q:  What drugs are opioids? 
A:   Examples of opioids are: Painkillers such as; morphine, methadone, Buprenorphine, hydrocodone, and oxycodone. Heroin is also an opioid and is illegal.

No comments: