Introduced in November 1983
My parents got on board within a year.
You don't drive a minivan? You should. Here's why. (The New York Times, 8/30/2018)
Some utomakers are abandoning them due to a deop in sales. Just five minivans are on the market today: the Chrysler Pacifica, the Dodge Grand Caravan, the Honda Odyssey, the Kia Sedona and the Toyota Sienna. And all of them are hip, even if they’re square.
Five reasons why you should drive a minivan:
- Minivans aren't always hitting you up for gas money
- They're more than their mom-friendly rep
- Vans are the original sport-utility vehicle
- They're a dog's (and back's) best friend
- A relationship with compromises, but not that many