Saturday, December 30, 2017

Get me rewrite UPDATE. 100% of Wisconsin's land area is within a county


Wisconsin has 1,259 towns.

Source:  Wisconsin Towns Association (Town Quick Facts)

A topic of discussion south of the border.

Related reading:
Too much local government:  Illinois' thousands of local governments.  (Illinois Policy Institute, Nov. 2013)
Let’s go to town on cutting wasteful township governments.  (Chicago Sun-Times, 7/5/2017)


Original 12/29/2017 post, "Get me rewrite:  I'll give you my local government when you pry it from my cold, dead, white, male hand", starts here.

Wisconsin Towns Association (arrow and underline added)

No lie:  A baker's dozen Trues from 2017.  (PolitiFact Wisconsin, 12/29/2017)

Waiting for someone to provide a breakdown of town board representation by race and ethnicity.  Wisconsin is 81.7% white, but if you exempt Milwaukee, Racine, and Kenosha counties, the precentage jumps to 93.1.

No comments: