Sunday, April 16, 2017

Take a deep breath, J.D. Vance, you're moving to Ohio's most populous city and county



Source:  Wikipedia


Why I'm Moving Home, by J. D. Vance.  (The New York Times, 3/16/2017)
He's moving to Columbus.  I've long worried whether I’ve become a part of this problem. For two years, I’d lived in Silicon Valley, surrounded by other highly educated transplants with seemingly perfect lives. It’s jarring to live in a world where every person feels his life will only get better when you came from a world where many rightfully believe that things have become worse. And I’ve suspected that this optimism blinds many in Silicon Valley to the real struggles in other parts of the country. So I decided to move home, to Ohio.

From a Forbes profile: Modern Columbus has emerged as a technologically sophisticated city. It is home to the world's largest private research and development foundation, the Battelle Memorial Institute and Ohio State University, the nation's third largest campus. Along with OSU, the city is home to several other institutions of higher learning including Columbus State Community College,

No comments: