Thursday, July 14, 2016

Chicago, September 26, 1980: The Sears Tower and the Standard Oil Building


I was on my way back to Oshkosh after a month-long vacation, which included visits with old college friends in Boston, a camping trip with my brother in the Great Smoky Mountains, and the wedding of one of my best friends from college in Buffalo, New York.

On such a beautifully clear and sunny day, I decided a trip into downtown Chicago was in order.

The Sears Tower is now known as the Willis Tower.



The Standard Oil Building is now called the Aon Center


That's not Batman, but a window-washing scaffold on the east side of the building.

Warning.  I'm finally getting around to digitize my slide collection from the 1970s and early 1980s. I'm likely to be sharing for awhile.

No comments: