Wisconsin GOP lawmaker introduces bill to legalize fantasy sports. (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, 1/25/2016)
The measure [AB800] specifies that fantasy sports games aren't betting or lotteries, allowing the games to operate in Wisconsin.
A public hearing before the Assembly Committee on State Affairs and Government Operations is scheduled for this Wednesday.
I'm guessing Tyler missed the series of articles on fantasy spurts and online gambling, Wired for Profit, in the New York Times.
- Finding ‘Who’ and ‘Where’ Within the Sports Cyber-Betting Universe. (10/15/2015.
- The Offshore Gme of Online Betting Sports. (10/25/2015)
- DraftKings Leaves Door Unlocked for Barred Fantasy Sports Players. (11/13/2015)
- Cash Drops and Keystrokes: The Dark Reality of Sports Betting and Daily Fantasy Games. (11/14/2015)
- For Addicts, Fantasy Sites Can Lead to Ruinous Path. (11/22/2015)
- N.F.L.’s Deal Over Data Blurs a Line on Gambling. (12/18/2015)