As reported in Scott Walker, GOP lawmakers say Wisconsin won't accept Syrian refugees. (Madison.com, 11/16/2015)
The numbers: Water concerns as raised in Nitrates in water widespread, current rules no match. (Appleton Post-Crescent, 11/15/2015)
- Nitrate levels at an unsafe level in an estimated 94,000 Wisconsin households (4% of total households)
- 1 in 5 wells in agricultural areas are unsafe for drinking
- 57 violations of health-based standards for nitrate in 2014 in public water system
- 31 percent of private well samples in Spring Green area had nitrate levels above health standard.
- 90 percent of nitrate inputs into groundwater come from artificial fertilizers and manure from agriculture operations
Growth of so-called factory farms, or CAFOs, concentrated animal feeding operations.
While Wisconsin residents demand safe drinking water, Sen. Vukmir and Rep. Kooyenga propose Iran business sanctions. (11/16/2015)
Dear Kewaunee County, You voted for him, now you're paying the consequences. (11/15/2015)
Wisconsin is open for business -- BIG business. (11/14/2015)
Scott Walker telegraphs that Wisconsin DNR will likely ignore UW, USDA and other findings. (11/14/2015)
September 2015 UPDATE: On June 6, 2014, employees of Michael, Best & Friedrich donated $28,046.81 to Scott Walker and $500 to Mary Burke. (9/17/2015)
Kewaunee County's CAFO concentration. (10/23/2014)