Millennials Going to Kansas City, to Live and Work. (The New York Times, 8/19/2014)
Where the lights are bright again. Twenty years ago, that was hardly the prevailing attitude about downtown, which suffered from a yearslong exodus of residents, workers and shoppers to the suburbs. But over the last decade, Kansas City’s urban core has become known as a cool place to live instead of a dreary place to drive immediately away from after eight hours at the office.
Kansas City is not alone. Some other examples.
- Housing major part of downtown Rochester revival, Rochester Democrat & Chronicle, 8/6/2014
- In Downtown L.A., a Housing Revival. The Wall Street Journal, 11/28/2013
- The Secret to Chattanooga's Downtown Revival Was There All Along, City Lab, 8/20/2013
- A Return to Downtown Birmingham, The New York Times, 8/6/2013
- Reviving downtown Minneapolis by filling up old buildings. MinnPost, 10/23/2012