Focus of study
- Public Safety Building
- 198 W. Doty St.
- Opened in 1994.
- Designed as minimum-security housing but used as medium-security facility
- Booking facility for processing new prisoners
- Centralized location for jail release
- Ferris (Huber) Center
- 2120 Rimrock Road, located near the Coliseum and Exhibition Center.
- Minimum security prisoners with work release privileges
- Administrative office for electronic release programs.
- City-County Building
- 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- 6th and 7th floors of City-County Building, constructed in 1950s
- Maximum security
Section IV of the report, Physical Plant Assessment, provides a detailed analysis of these 3 facilities. (Starts on page 185.)
Full table of contents
- I. Executive summary
- II. Inmate population profile and projections
- III. Operational assessment
- IV. Physical plan assessment.
- V. Operational and architectural program
- VI. Staffing plan and operating costs
- VII. Design options and capital cost